Saturday, 12 January 2013

Playing with blogging



Such a hot day today that I really didn't feel like doing anything.  However I revved myself up and finished quilting a quilt for my charity group this afternoon and after dinner I put on the binding.  The binding still needs to be stitched down by hand, but I'll do that while watching TV in the next few days.

The quilt is a gorgeous green and black one made by one of the members of the charity group Stitching Hearts, to which I belong.  Cheryl used a very simple block, but the colour choices in this quilt are stunning!  And I think the lime green backing is a perfect choice.

I had big ideas of doing some spiffy quilting on it, but in the end I decided simple stitching in the ditch would be enough.  Anything else would detract from the simplicity of the quilt itself and spoil it.  After much deliberation, I decided to create a strippy, scrappy binding in various greens.  Plain black looked flat, and one fabric in any shade of green looked boring.  I am happy with the end result.  The quilt will be going back to Stitching Hearts on Thursday.

Now that took me about half an hour to work out how to insert this photo.  Clicked all the buttons at the header, with no luck, read the help text (that is desperation), even watched the video.  All to no avail.  I had totally given up on ever getting that done, when I clicked on the only button I hadn't tried - the html button.  Bingo!  The load image icon there prompted me to load a photo from my computer. 

So it looks like I have a new blog, and have managed to create a post for it.  That's enough for one night for a techno challenged wrinkly.  Until next time.




6 comments:

  1. Hi Dasha! Love to know that you love to hand bind too. Thanks for sharing you first post with us today! I poked around and added myself as a GFC follower. I hope the next time ya stop by you'll do the same and even join us on Tuesdays for my linky. myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you figured out the bloggy thing - we all had to go thru that 'head scratching' from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first post even with the photo challenge! I still get frustrated trying to post on blogger sometimes... mostly I use Windows Live Writer. It is so much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first post; I don't believe you're "techno-challenged"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love to hand stitch the binding...it's the 'quiet time' I get after all the hard work of quilting! Visiting from Val's linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great first post, and great quilt photo to share, even if it did take a lot of fiddling to figure out how to share it :)

    ReplyDelete

I just love a comment, so please feel free to leave one. Unless you are a no-reply blogger, I will answer all comments left on my blog